This page lists a number of open birding events (mostly birdwalks) that recur every week or month in different parts of India.
If you wish to add your event, please send the following details to us at [email protected]:
City/Town. If organized by a group, its name. Frequency (weekly, monthly, occasional). Contact person(s) and contact detail. Any additional information, for example meeting point and time, if this is constant; and a link to the event or the organising group
- Delhibird. Weekly bird walks on Sundays. Contact: Nikhil Devasar <[email protected]>
- Ninox-Owl About Nature conducts regular bird walks on weekends. Contact: Abhishek Gulshan <[email protected]>
East Delhi Birders. Regular walks mostly around Noida, Greater Noida, Dhanuri, etc. Meeting points vary. Contact: Prasanna Gautam <[email protected]>
Mid-week Birders DelhiNCR. Weekday bird walks in Delhi NCR. Meeting location and time variesContact Narender Khaira (aka Newton) at 9810704331. Email: <[email protected]>
- CROW Foundation (on Facebook). Bird walk every Sunday. Meeting location and time varies. Contact: Prateek Mandal (7989118743), Ameet Mandavia (7000272220). Email: <[email protected]>
- Goa Bird Conservation Network (web). Bird walk on the first Sunday of every month. Meeting location and time varies. Contact: Mandar Bhagat (9822168887), Omkar Dharwadkar (9049911877). Email: <[email protected]>.
Jammu & Kashmir
- J&K Birdlife (on Facebook). Bird walks on almost all weekends and holidays. Locations vary. Contact Parvez Shagoo (9797290608) <[email protected]>.
- Birdwatchers’ Field Club. Weekly bird walk on Sundays. 1st Sunday of the month: Hebbal Lake, 2nd Sunday: Lalbagh, 3rd and 4th Sundays at varied locations. See calendar here. Contact: Ulhas Anand (9845171063) <[email protected]>.
- Manipal Birders’ Club (on Facebook). Weekly bird walk on Sundays. Meet at 06:30 hrs in front of Cafe Coffee Day, opposite MIT AB-5 main gate (see on a map). Contact: Rahul Narlanka <[email protected]>.
- Aranya Outreach (on Facebook). Monthly bird walks. Meeting location and time varies. Contact: Kiran Bagade (9916340451), Saptha Girish (9900105195).
- Mysore Nature. (web). Occasional bird walks. Meeting location and time varies. Contact: Shivaprakash A (9480191661).
- Kollam Birding Battalion (on Facebook). Bird walks are organized in and around Kollam, last Sunday of every month. Contact: Jishnu R (9447150300).
- Details coming soon.
- Mumbai Birdwatchers’ Club (MBC on Facebook). Occasional bird walks. Location and meeting times vary. Contact: MBC <[email protected]>.
- Birds of Thane & Raigad District (on Facebook). Monthly bird walks on a Sunday. Location and meeting times vary. Contact: Pratham (9821455643).
Occasional bird walks conducted by Bahar Nature Foundation (on Facebook). Contact: Dilip Virkhade +91 77758 83861
Kishore Wankhade +91 98814 88756.
Weekly bird walks conducted by Save Ecosystem and Tiger (on Facebook). Contact- Tejas Parshionikar +91 95526 29853
Weekly bird walks conducted by Birdsong Education and research (on Facebook). Contact: Sharad Apte +91 98903 84400, Shankar Shelar +91 96578 87532
- The Bhubaneswar Bird Walks (on Facebook). Occasional weekend bird walks. Contact: <[email protected]>.
Weekly Birdwalks in Jaipur from 6- 7 am. Meeting Point -Jawahar Circle, Patrika Gate, JLN Marg Jaipur. Contact: Arun Nair +91 98296 35003
- Coimbatore Nature Society. Weekly bird walk on Sundays. Contact: Selvaraj PR (9842261279), Satish K (9442341404), Prakash G (9840092602).
- Hyderabad Birding Pals (on Facebook), weekly bird walk on Sundays. Email: [email protected]
- Doon Nature Walks (web, Facebook). Monthly walks. Location and time varies. Contact: Sanjay Sondhi, Titli Trust (9412052189) <[email protected]>; Raman Kumar, Nature Science Initiative, (9412348345) <[email protected]>.