Media coverage of GBBC 2014 in India.
- 3 March: Rare migratory birds spotted in Kannankurichi Lake in Salem, by S.P. Saravanan, in The Hindu
- 24 Feb: 222 species of Global Bird Count are from AP, by S. Guru Srikanth in the New Indian Express, Hyderabad edition.
- 23 Feb: Emerging new birding areas in Chenna [jpeg], in Dinamalar (Tamil)
- 23 Feb: People participate in avian surveys to help ornithologists compile data, in the Times of India, Chennai edition
- 22 Feb: Birders scour the skies in Bangalore’s backyard, in the Times of India, Bangalore edition
- 18 Feb: 33 bird species spotted in Sivarakottai, Express News Service, Madurai.
- 18 Feb: “Tamil Nadu stands third in GBBC 2014” [pdf], in Dinamalar (Tamil)
- 17 Feb: “Let’s count birds” [jpeg], by Gowri, in India Today (Tamil)
- 16 Feb: Worldwide bird survey from the backyard, The Hans India
- 16 Feb: “A guest who came flying”, by P. Jeganathan, in The Hindu (In Tamil)
- 16 Feb: Be my valentine (scroll to the bottom), By Vikram Jit Singh, in the Hindustan Times
- 14 Feb: Birders in Bangalore, find ’em birds, by Ganga Madappa, in Citizen Matters, Bangalore
- 14 Feb: Goan birders agog over upcoming annual bird count, by Paul Fernandez, in the Times of India
- 14 Feb: “Birds into the cages of science” [pdf], in Eenadu (in Telugu)
- 14 Feb: “You can count birds in your region [pdf]“, by Amudan in Dinamalar, Chennai edition (in Tamil)
- 13 Feb: No takers for Great Backyard Bird Count from State?, by G. Venkataramana Rao, The Hindu, Andhra Pradesh.
- 13 Feb: Fun-day for bird lovers this Sunday, Times of India, Goa edition.
- 11 Feb: Bird watchers’ day out, Express News Service, Bangalore
- 11 Feb: “An opportunity to contribute to bird research for you!”, by Adi Valiappan, in The Hindu (in Tamil)
- 11 Feb: Say ‘hi’ when feathered friends fly high [pdf], by MT Saju in the Times of India.
- 11 Feb: Get a Bird’s-eye View; Join the Survey, New Indian Express, Coimbatore edition.
- 11 Feb: Keeping an eye out for winged visitors, The Hindu.
- 8 Feb: Birds from my window, by Akila Kannadasan in The Hindu.
- 5 Feb: “Save nature by counting birds”, by N.R. Mahesh Kumar, Dinamani, Coimbatore edition (in Tamil).
Special thanks to P. Jeganathan for his immense help in reaching out to the media, particularly the Tamil and Telugu print media.